Thursday, June 16, 2011

Amazement

I am continually amazed by my children.  I am amazed by the mess that such small creatures can create.  I am amazed by the noise and chaos that surrounds them.  I am amazed by how little time I have to do the things I used to take for granted like showering, cooking, thinking, talking to my husband.  But most of all I am amazed by how much I love them.  I couldn't conceive of loving anyone as much as I love Rowan, but somehow my heart expanded to allow just as much love for Connor. 

2 comments:

Cecily said...

Attachment is an amazing thing. Love is what we are here on earth to experience. Your little family is perfect, Lauren. They are an expression of the love that you and Ian have for each other.

You will experience this feeling again, in a different way, when you have grandchildren. I like to say that my life started all over again when I had grandchildren. Now I can understand my parents' devotion to Ian, Giuliana, and Edward. I never saw them smile so much. They were so patient with them, and indulgent. They were at a perfect time in their lives to do that, and I'm so glad that my kids had that bond with them. And so, I also feel blessed that I can be a part of Rowan and Connor and Isabelle and Jackson's lives. Thank you!

Lauren_Doran said...

Thanks Cecily! I am so glad Rowan and Connor have such wonderful and involved grandparents:)